Papadino is not a “shirt” guy. He wears t-shirt from time to time. Sometimes they got so worn-up or getting smaller (ah, yes…he’s been fluffing a lot now :p). Since majority of his t-shirts are illustrated, I always get so itch to play with them & make them my own. I’ll try posting some of my altered t-shirt. Though I made some tops for myself, I mostly love turning them into bags & stuff…Yup, my body is too petite for Papadino’s tee sometimes :p. This one is his old tees from when he was younger. I love the design so much! It’s from Loveshugah’s LVU 🙂
1. Measure your wanted size & shape. I use fabric chalk to mark mine. This time I’m thinking about fring-top to go with my inner-clothes. I wanna make the skull look more fierce by adding some studs. After you done marking your shirt, its time to cut! Make sure you follow those line.
2. When you finished cutting, you’ll have three separate fabrics. One main shirt & two separate sleeves. Cut sleeves as inpicture. Don’t forget to also cut open its bottom.
3. …and that should left us with these. The shape would be perfect for our tee’s shoulder. If not, adjust it so it would fit 🙂
4. Now put both sleeves onto tee’s shoulder. Sew a little, then hammer your studs right above the fringe. It should be easy, just remember to insert some scrap fabric between your front tee’s and back. Sometimes stud leaves ugly mark on your fabric ^^
5. Actually, you can finish on 4. But since I’m so small, I think my top will look better if I add extra elastic to the bottom. Sew elastic-band to side-seam, and let it do the magic for you ♥
❀ view on Snapguide ❀
*errr…looking at my images, I think I can def use a new camera. Need to find myself a money-tree ^^;